From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 1995 08:21:43 -0500
Nathan,

Some ferrets are natural born cotton eaters.....I have 3.  Some theories
are that they are bored or not eating right.  That does not apply in my
case.  After 4 months of doing this, my vet said they would probably not
outgrow it.  They will be 4 yrs in July and still do it.

These guys get laxatone on a regular basis, and so far nothing has
blocked, but they eat EVERYTHING: lottery tickets, pay check stubs,
letters, envelopes, blankets, hammies.

I'm sorry....I don't mean hammies - that was the one thing they didn't
eat!  There are several styles of combination hammy/tent contraptions.
The one I have is is square-shaped and has a flat top so it be used as a
hammie on top.  The tent part has a circular hole on one side for easy
access.  There are 8 tabs to secure it to a cage.

These can be mail-ordered thru C-Treasure's Ferrets in Florida, and I have
seen them in pet stores lately as well.  I don't have the Florida number
handy, but it you can't find them where you are, email me and I can look
it up for you - it's probably in Pam Grant's database if you want to check
there.

I've used these for several months now and they have not chewed on
them at all, and now they have something they can snuggle in instead
of just laying on a hammie.

Hope this helps.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA