From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 1995 09:30:54 -0500
Bruce,

I've had several inquiries from ferret owners about their ferrets drinking
their urine.  These are ferrets that apparently do not use a litter pan
and are allowed to urinate in boot trays, etc. for easy cleanup, but often
turn around and drink their urine after urinating.

These ferrets are fed good quality cat foods, and I'm wondering if you have
any thoughts on this.  I've noticed other comments about this on the FML
recently and maybe you have some insight on this behavior for all of us.

Is this just a bad habit, age-related, illness-related, deficiency-related,
diet-related???  None of mine has ever done this so I don't know how to
advise these owners.

Thanks

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA