From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 1995 19:59:10 -0500
To the Anonymous Poster:

Blood is drawn for heartworm tests - but it is not a white blood count.
It is a totally different - as well as specific - test.

If your ferret is passing that much hair, you might want to discuss this
with a veterinian for one thing, and for another, start brushing that
ferret!  When ferrets shed out, they usually shed all at once and get it
over with, so they shed lots of hair in a short time.  I use a flea
comb to help my ferrets get rid of the loose fur.

I have a lot of ferrets and they have started shedding their winter coats -
there is fur EVERYWHERE!!  But you really can help the process by getting
rid of that loose fur - anything you can collect in a comb and toss out,
will be that much less in their tummies.  They should get thru this is a
week or two - and faster if you brush daily.

I think I might increase the Laxatone (or whatever you're using) to daily,
and I think I'd check in with my vet to let him know how much hair you're
ferret is passing just in case he wants to do something better/different.
(I mean YOUR vet, not MY vet - unless MY vet is YOUR vet!  :)

Debbie Ricci
WNYFLFA