From:
Carrie Paps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:24:22 -0400
We brought Dweezil home last night.  He was tired and sleeping but looks
none the worse for wear.

Well the bad news first.  The cancer spread, a lot.  He had a tumor on his
pancreas and spleen and it was also in the fatty tissue.  Dr. Sara removed
the tumor from the pancreas, took out his spleen and all the infect fatty
tissue.  He will be on predisone for the rest of his life.

Now the good news.  She said considering all he has been through and the
way he is acting, he can still have a good life left.  We know the cancer
will return but this way, his last few months will be comfortable.

When we originally brought Pip home from his surgery, he was very lethargic
and quiet, not Dweezil.  He dug up the recovery cage bottom, rearranged his
sleeping area, hid some food, dug at his litterbox and in general did not
act sick at all.

Thanks for all your support everyone.  I don't regret doing the surgery
since I see how good he is feeling.  He is getting a little to spoiled
though, every two hours he is up and looking for his duck soup.

Carrie