From:
Kerry Barstad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 09:09:49 EDT
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for insight to a problem we are faced with.  My fiance` and I
are owned by four little rascals.  Cody is a bit over 5 and was feeling
bad so we took him to the vet.  Based on his blood work it was clear that
he has kidney failure.  His fecal showed a bacterial infection.  It was
inconclusive which one, but our vet suspects a cocci of some form.  What I
was wondering is if anyone has had good luck treating kidney failure and
what you did.  I am really looking for stories with happy endings.  Cody
has had such a hard live.  He has a crooked nose and lived in a barn for
most of his young life.  When we brought him home, he didn't know how to
play or be a ferret.  He has come such a long ways in the 2 1/2 years
we've been lucky enough to know him.  Please keep him in your thoughts and
prayers.

Thank you,
Kerry, Lilly, Cody, Jack and Louis