From:
Carol J Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2010 14:31:15 -0700
Friday was just another day, picked up my boy Montey from the vet after
enduring prostatic cyst surgery, then had to get a water pump replaced
in the truck which was overheating. After some grocery shopping I got
home and then my husband told me the big animal hospital had just
called that someone had dumped two supposedly found ferrets there and
would I like to please come get them. Huh, just what I need, more
ferrets. But they weren't in good condition. I put down my stuff, put
away some groceries and went back to town. What I found was two
dehydrated emaciated little girls, so dry their eyes were closed. They
wanted me to leave them there for IV feeding at $300 a night (each.) I
said no, thanks, I'll try my best and sub-q them, so I packed them up
and did just that. One is healthier than the other but with fluids and
chicken gravy they are plumping up and the larger is eating TF and TF
baby food like she was starving and I hope she stops at her optimal
weight; the smaller one takes gravy and mush readily and has started
eating it on her own. Eyes on both are open now.

I have high hopes that both will become healthy in the near future.
What I need are some name ideas from you, the FML readers. We have so
many that are duplicates, triplicates or more. so I want something
original. Here is what they are like:

The healthier one is mostly white but the tail is dark silver. There
are a few dark hairs in the rest of the body. She bit me a couple
times, probably grouchy from being hungry but I have to watch how I
pick her up. The smaller one is a dark silver panda and is nicer. She's
still eating the mush and gaining fast.

No prizes will be awarded but I will publish the winning names and the
person who submitted the names if that is ok.

Thanks to all who may help with this dilemma, and Happy Holidays to
you.

Carol J. Owens
Ferret Friends, Inc.
Tucson AZ