Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 06:11:57 -0400
We do not have this chain of stores here in Canada but I have dealt enough
with some ignorant pet shop employees to make me irrate.  We have a chain
called SuperPet.  The one that I frequent has excellent, knowledgable and
caring staff.  They keep their ferrets clean and happy.  They are well
handled.  However there is another branch near me that I dispise.  I have
often had arguments with staff over the condition and temperment of their
ferrets.  Though the ferrets are not malnurished and obviously abused,
their cage is not kept clean.  They don't have anything soft on the base,
only one little hammock, food and water.  Often the store employees
complain that the ferrets are "mean".  I tell them that they need to be
handled a lot more and the regular response I get is "it's not my job".
It's so frustrating and annoying.  My point is....most pet shop employees
are high school students that just really don't care.  They go in and
do their shifts.  I even had one of my rats on my shoulder once and an
employee told me that it was disgusting.

just venting

Joanne Cheney
Pandora, Kalliope, Strider and Grendael