From:
Candi Gerritson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:08:07 EDT
>Candi--
>where are you located?
>is there a shelter/humane society in your area that can help get those 3
>ferrets out of there?
>Please let us know, and keep us posted as to what happens, what's needed,
>etc.; thank you.

Ronnie (in Mass.)

Ronnie and all members of the FML I am in Ames Iowa,

First thank you so much for everyone getting involved.

I have contacted the director for animal control in our area.  She has
passed on information about the animal laws in my area.  Ferrets in a pet
store here are exempt from the "shots law." She also passed on the phone
number for Animal welfare.  I am gathering information on the store from my
"inside source" and preparing myself to confront the store manager.  I am
suggesting to him that he release the ferrets to me.  I have found a home
for them, bitters or not to a man who has a shelter here and he has bitters
that are not rehabilitatable.  He will work with them but if they will not
change he will keep them with his 35 ferrets.  He has already 4 that are
"human hunters." This guy is really a wonderful man who has tubes that go
into and outside his house for the ferrets to have free roam either inside
or outside into cages.  It is really cool!!!!!  He is licensed through the
state.  I am also offering to the employees that I will teach them how to
train the ferrets to not bite so that hopefully they will not be locked
into cages and left.  If the manger is not willing to work with me I will
present him with the documents I have from the ex-employee and what I have
witnessed and that I am contacting the Animal welfare organization.

EVERYONE PLEASE WISH ME LUCK, I am afraid however that he will not let
them go for free.  Lets hope this is not the case since I am offering him
something in exchange.

Candi