From:
Candi Gerritson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:09:56 EDT
DF- Believe me I understand your fears but me clarify some things, Mike
does not breed ferrets.  He said to me that he dabbled in it years ago but
too many problems.  There is no nursery that I am aware of.  There also
is no front porch cage.  The set up I saw was cages in the trees firmly
attached from what I could see and tubes leading from the house to the
trees and cages.  He uses a misting set up and fans.  The fans are
commercial fans, the water mists the ferrets and the fans blow air on to
them.  The ferrets also have the option of going in to the house out of
the heat but he told me they hardly ever go in.  The day that I was there
was about 80 degrees and all the ferrets were either sleeping or running
through the tubes.  Some of the ferrets that I saw did have a similar hair
pattern and the coats rough.  But I also saw Marshall ferrets.

I will agree with you although that this may not be the best hygiene set up
believe me I am a clean freak.  But I really truly believe that those pet
store ferrets would be better off at Mike's house.  At least they would be
able to move around almost freely (tubes).  And they would be with other
ferrets if they got along.  I am afraid that the store would untimely
return these ferrets to the breeder who would put them down by using a gun
I was told this by the ex-store employee.  She had been taking care of a
sick rabbit from the same breeder and one day when she came in to work the
rabbit was gone, the manager said the breeder replaced him with another
well one.  My friend called the breeder to get the rabbit back because she
wanted him and the breeder told her he had been killed.

So it has come to this, either wait until the store does something stupid
like sending them to their death bed with the breeder, me step in and put
them some place where I know they would not be killed or have animal
control step in when there is another bite and immediately put them down.

DF - I agree with you that this is not the dream place for these ferrets,
but If you can tell me where else I could get these guys to I would GLADLY
do so!!!!

People I am in the AMES Iowa area If ANYONE can take these biters (3) one
REALLY BAD I would be more than happy to help transport.

Candi - 515-292-1260
MY HEART IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE ALL'S I WANT IS A BETTER LIFE FOR THESE
GUYS.