From:
"Emily E. Classon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 1996 11:15:10 -0400
HI everyone!  I have a food question (not the type but the amount).

When we got Nietra, she was very underweight.  The vet suggested that we
should give her different foods until she found something she would eat.
Now she is eating a mix of both MF ferret food and Iams Kitten food.  At
first she wouldn't eat the Iams (which she had been given at the shelter),
but now she eats both.

She has gained all the weight and is where she should be.  What I am
wondering is... She seems to eat a lot when the food is left in the cage.
Should we limit how much we put in?  I'm afraid to leave a full bowl because
she will keep eating it.  I don't want to go from a scrawny fuzzy to an
overweight one.  We've been putting a smaller amount in, but she eats a lot
at one sitting.  She doesn't even hide it!  She just stands with her head in
the bowl eating.  How often should I give her more food?  Or, should I leave
a full bowl and let her work at it gradually?  I'm just afraid that she'll
eat too much.

It is nice to have her eating again, but we don't want her to overdo it.

--Emily

Nietra:  Thanks for the food, mommy!