From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 19:34:01 EST
Breeding, now there's something I can talk about.Ooops,that didn't come
out the way I meant.  Since I've been breeding animals for 25 years (can't
be),I feel a little qualified to talk about it.  I don't believe in line
breeding, never have, especially when you get as close as father-daughter,
only slightly less troublesome than brother-sister.Now,if you want to see
everything that's genetically wrong with two ferrets, breed brother to
sister.  Usually anything bad will show up in the offspring.  This is how
you end up with the very worst from your line.  I just don't believe that
getting one good one offsets all the poor babies that end up with the bad
genes.  I think it makes your line and stock much healthier and happier to
use an outcross.Can you tell I've had this discussion before?  I've always
done very well using two unrelated parents with the qualities I wanted.  I
dust way to many trophies.  Not bragging, just showing what can be done
with careful selection.  That said, on to better things.

Congratulations on all the new babies.  What a thrill.  Skeeter I just want
to say thank you, you have helped.  You go fuzzy.

Loved the article in Modern Ferret Sam, been meaning to say that.  Where in
NM is Bear?  Love your fuzzies,for tomorrow your toes are history.

Sandy ( Now,where did I put those craisins?)
Jasmine,her Imperial Majesty, the royal ferret ( I wouldn't know,burp.)
Taz ( Gotta get Sugar,Honey.....Jasmine?)
Honey ( Got to clean this cupboard.Buzz off Taz.)
Sugar ( Gotta get Taz....NOT the Honey.)