From:
Kim VanderLaan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 22:16:52 EST
Hi,

I am finally getting caught up on stuff around the house as I have now
returned from my Florida vacation.  Hated to leave all that sun to come
home to snowy, cold Michigan.

I had mentioned a relatively new product that is supposed to act as
colostrum for baby mammals who do not have a mother to provide colostrum
normally.

This product is: Nurse Mate ASAP.  It comes in a package that is just like
that of Benebac.  I have not used the product yet, but do keep it on hand
(for those who are new or don't know - I am a wildlife rehabber).  I
purchased it from either KV Vet Supply or Jeffers (sorry, I don't remember
which and don't have a catalog by the computer).

I'm not going to repeat the posting of the correct formula to use as 2
people have already done that.  If someone needs the information, eMail
me privately and I can send it on.

Kim

PS: Met some wonderful ferret folks while I was in Florida.  I did attend
the Kissimmee show.  4 of my ferrets were entered into different rings.
They won 3 second places and 1 third.  I was very proud of them.  I have
attended other shows, but I'd never shown my ferrets before.  A word on
the judging in Kissimmee - regardless of the fairness (and I have no way to
know whether it truly was fair or not), the appearance of impropriety was
pretty high.  As has been mentioned, 1 person won 5 trophies.  Her mother
and brother were stewards.  Her father was the announcer.  This may have
simply been coincidence.  But it does not LOOK right.  Many people felt
that they had been cheated.  Whether they would have won or not, they felt
that something was wrong.  In most contests, the employees and families of
the employees of companies involved are ineligable - just to avoid that
appearance.