From:
"Kurt D. Springs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 1995 16:55:04 -0400
Hi folks, its me again.:)

I reported a few weeks ago about Paddington and his conflict with Kian, my
smaller, but more established ferret.   Kian still attacks when he can, but
Paddington seems to be developing more of a backbone.  His rear legs are
getting stronger and he seems more confident.

The one thing thats preventing me from simply letting them go at it is that
Kian has Diarea.  It started out green but after some does of Pepto liquid,
it's a more natural color though still loose.  I've been keeping Kian
isolated from Mhaire and Paddington, more to monitor his food and water
intake than to prevent the spread.  I can only assume that if they were going
to get it, they were probably infected before he showed the symptoms.  (Vets
may feel free to correct me on that point.)  I took him to my vet and he said
that it might be a mild case of the "Greenies", but it could aslo be a symple
intestinal flue.  I noticed the diarea Sunday, and he is still loose today.
 Kian stopped eating , so I began force feeding him under the vet's advice to
keep his digestive tract from shinking.  Today he had a few grains of solid
food without my prompting.  (I don't think it was Greenies now, because what
ever it is, I caught it:(  )

My question is, if Mhaire and Paddington are going to catch this bug, how
long should it be before they start exibiting symptoms.

Thanks in advance for any information or advice you can give me.

Kurt and the crew

PS  I plan to call the doctor today to give him a progress report.