From:
Karen Marsh-Lovvorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 1995 17:16:33 EDT
  Karen E. Marsh-Lovvorn
  Executive Education
  Fuqua School of Business
  Duke University
  Durham, NC 27708

Hi all, it's me again.  Thanks to all the folks who sent me info. or
notes of concern about Baby's "heat" problem - I appreciate all the
support!  O.K., the pathology came back.  Biopsy showed a mildly
inflamed, enlarged reactive node that the pathologist felt was probably
related to either an adrenal tumor or hyperplasia.  My vet asked me if
her heat symptoms have subsided since she was artificially bred last week
- NO, they're about the same - she's trying to find some HCG now to buy
her some time till we can figure out what's going on (she's now been "in
heat" for about 5-6 weeks).  If this is adrenal, will the HCG really pull
her out of "heat?" How much time?  Will this affect her if/when she has
to go in for more surgery?  What's the prognosis?  Does anyone know of
any good source of info.  about adrenal problems in ferrets that I can
share with my vet?

Thanks much!  Karen