From:
"Kurt D. Springs" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 May 1995 01:54:57 -0400
Hi folks,

I've just caught up on some back issues of the Mail List and thought I'd
throw in my two cents worth.

The problem we are having with public health and others stems form a simple
fact:  Two typse of people oppose us, those who are misinformed and don't
know better, and those who would not be at all unhappy if all non human life
ceased to exist across the face of the earth.

If you take their arguements at face value (ie. rabbies, danger to live
stock, danger to children, danger to eco system) then dogs and cats should be
made illegal, killed and tested etc.  The only reason they don't is because
the "dog and cat lobby", world wide can shout them down with ease.  Ferret
owners voices have not yet reached that volume, though are growing steadily.

In the end, we will win, because we will eventually reach a volume where we
can't be ignored.  So take heart people of CA, MA, NYC, and other places were
our warm fuzzies aren't welcome.  If we keep educating, keep pushing, keep
making our voices heard, we can't help but succeed.  Above all, keep
challenging the lies people try to spread about ferrets.

While I'm skeptical of reports of feral ferrets, I would like to point out
that "All things are possable."  I've seen my two kids do things I thought
were impossable.

My condolences to everyone whose lost a ferret friend.  Especially to those
whose ferrets are MIA.  It's hard enough when you have a body.  Not knowing
must hurt ten times more.  The odds are against you, but you just keep
hoping.  You and they are always in my prayers.