From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 1995 08:46:25 -0400
Hi!

Usually I post when I'm having complicated health problems with Bailey -
but not today!! I just had to share a funny experience - even if it may not
be as entertaining as the rabbit rodeo (which was a great story!!).

Pickles is about 7 months old, sable and just starting to look like an
adult. She eats anything (and everything). Last night my husband and I
rented a movie, and during the movie, we ate *hot* salsa and chips. About
half way through we took an intermission, and both left the room.

During this break Pickles managed to get onto the tray table, without
rustling the chip bag, and started eating the salsa as fast as she could.
When we came back into the room, she started eating even faster!!!

As I picked her up, thinking "what a crazy critter" and preparing to put
her in a little trouble, since stealing our food and being on the tray
table is not allowed - she stared barking!! I swear she "arf arf"ed as she
tried to gulp down some final bites. Once I picked her up, I noticed that
the fur under her eyes was soaked! Apparently the salsa was hot enough to
hurt, but not hot enough to stop her from eating! Once I put her on the
floor, she started running around, wiping her face - not just a quick
whisker wiping - but a whole face wiping! I could hardly stop laughing long
enough to tell my husband what happened!

Eventually, she vomited some, and went to sleep and she seems fine this
morning. She had tasted salsa before last night and liked it which we
thought was weird - but this proves shes crazier than we knew!

Andi & Pickles (aka "Hot Lips")