From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 09:19:21 -0500
Excerpts from mail: 16-Feb-95 FERRET Digest - 14 Feb 1995.. by Automatic
processor@CUNY
> 1.  All 4 or my girls have the two blue dots on their ears, but the two
> pet stores I bought them from both are supplied only by a breeder not
> far from here.  The breeder confirmed that they were the supplier of
> each of the stores.  Are these blue dots supposed to be exclusively
> Marshal Farms?  All the kits there have the dots.  ??

I used to know a ferret breeder in this area (Pittsburgh) and they'd
"sell" their kits to Marshall Farms for $1 each and then buy them back
for a discounted spay/neuter price (much lower than local vets were
charging). I suspect other breeders may be doing the same thing (or
maybe this is the same breeder, I dunno). The name of the people I spoke
with was Fetter. I got my Skittles from a pet store which sold their
ferrets. (And she's around 7 years old, has never lost her hair and is
still in good health)

--Barb--