From:
"Michelle P." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 1994 21:00:09 -0500
Hi all,

First thing I want to say is that I am all in favor of avoiding a flame war
on FML, as they never seem to resolve anything anyway....But I believe a few
things should be stated in defense of the Davis'.

Second is that I am VERY sorry and saddened by Victoria's story and the death
of her beloved Antigone.  I went through a similar situation with my dog
Meriah a few years back, and I can feel and understand what she had to do,
and the heartache that results from it. I believe she did what was best for
her Antigone.

But, I went back to issue 745 and (Objectivly) read it,  I cannot see where
there was any direct finger pointing going on.  Could it be possible that the
Davis' letter was just posted in bad timing with the loss of Antigone?

Sadly enough there are those people out there in the world...."Indigent",
"Irresponsible", "Heroic Fool's".
I don't think that these chosen words were meant as personal Jab's to any of
the FML subscriber's, It was just stated facts, Of wich I totally agree. I
have seen much abuse in our area of all animals, including the ferret's I've
sold thinking that they were going to good homes.

FML is a source of information for Ferret Lover's, and if some believe that
the Davis' letter was meant to publicly crucify the subscriber's... then so
be it, But if their letter in issue 745 serves no other purpose but to help
inform or strengthen the owner's desire to be responsable, then that is how
we should accept it, and not take it out of context.

Sometimes the truth hurts, and sometimes it takes a "Preaching" to get the
message across to some people. And I believe that there is NEVER enough talk
to people on responsable pet care.

Well, I just felt that something should be said in the defense of their
letter, and I sapose it could be debaited until we are all blue in the face,
But I honnestly did not see anything wrong in the letter of #745.

**Are Disclaimer's optional on FML??**
If so here is mine....
The above statements were not personal jabs to ANY of the FML subscriber's,
they are only my personal opinion's not meant to be taken out of context, or
used to hurt anyones feelings!

Michelle and The MASKeteer's:-)
My oppologies if this get's sent twice as I am having problems getting it to
go through on my end.