From:
Mary Segalla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:00:47 EST
I know you want a large dog, and the ones I am referring to are small,
but I think it shows that if puppies grow up around ferrets, they can
all learn to live together. We have pugs, and they are great with the
ferrets. Our son has a boston terrier and a jack russell. You think
terrier you think rat killer. But both these girls grew up around out
ferrets, and so, look at them as equals. They would go outside and
chase squirrels for hours, come inside, and let the ferrets climb all
over them and tease them with toe nibbles. I think starting with a
puppy is the important thing. When these pups came home, the ferrets
were close to equal in size.

Mary in Virginia
Owned happily by Bianka the White, Fox, Scarlet and Bear