From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 13:00:11 -0800
A boy with the regal name of Ash appeared from the light at the other end
of the bridge today.  At my side was EZ, Bay and Draco.  Their faces lit
up when a handsome ferret with a stunning coat came trotting over the
bridge dragging a pink sleep sack along side of him.  The sack caught the
eye of most of the little ferret souls around us.  Before I could even
greet him or he could be united with EZ, Bay and Draco or other shelter
kids, he had to show off his proud prize to everyone around him.

"Hey, I wanna pink sleepy sack", exclaimed a sprite.  Ash just giggled,
held his head up even higher and pranced on over to his friends.

"I'm here," he shouted.

"So we see," said EZ.

I introduced myself and told Ash that was the bestest sleepy sack that I
ever did see.  I told him he could leave it by the rice beds and nobody
would touch it while we go off to find more friends but he wouldn't put
it down at first.  He's rather attached to it.  I saw that the first
thing on the list to do was to find him a good hidey hole.  Apparently
he's rather picky.  But his three friends helped him settle on a place
near the meadow by some purple flowers.

Next on the list to do was to find some fellow shelter babies.  But he
wanted to put on his best appearance.  So he rolled onto one of the
fluffy white clouds and proceed to polish his new coat ... as if it
needed it.  We all giggled why the silly boy rolled and rubbed himself
all over the clouds.  It did add quite a sparkle.

He seemed very content with everything up here and settled in quite
nicely.  He kept checking on his sleep sack though.  I asked him why.
He sniffled and said because it still smelled a little bit like home and
his mommy.  I told him that was a good thing.  And we took a stroll over
to the reflecting pond.  We looked in on his mommy.  And now that he
knows that he can do this anytime, he's been able to enjoy it again up
here.  In fact he felt so much better, I saw him let EZ, Draco and Bay
curl up in his little pink sleep sack with him by the meadow.

Sandee