From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:47:33 -0800
I'm here to tell you about a very unique experience.  I had a greeting
that was very dream like.  I was on my way to report to the bridge when I
heard something in the air.  A soft, chanting like that of a heart beat.
It was coming from the other end of the bridge.  From a soft light, a
silvermitt with a dark face appeared and walked over the warm, wood
planks of the bridge.

He walked up to me with his head held high.  I felt a bit humble next
to him as he seemed wise and experienced.  I felt quite peaceful around
him too.

"Hi Scooter," I said, "I'm Sandee and I'm here to welcome you and show
you around Rainbow Bridge.  I heard you were blind ... I was just
wondering, can you see now?"

He replied that he could indeed see, but he could see more and
further than normal eyes could.  He seemed very comfortable with the
surroundings ... like he had seen them before.

I led him to a special place were many rescues like to socialize.  He
fit right in and the other ferrets seemed attracted to him.  A little
fellow wanted to be his best friend, but Scooter replied that he was
"everybody's best friend".  I think the little ferret was in awe of this
from the look on his face.  He wanted to follow him around all over after
that.  It was really cute.

Although Scooter was settling in quite nicely, he got a funny look on his
face and he stared off for a bit.  I asked what was wrong and he said, "I
miss feeling warm."

I said, "What do you mean?  No place is warmer than here." That's when he
told me that he was missing his old memory of warm.  A warm that only his
rescuers home provided and that a ferret named Hook provided in his last
hours.

Before I could answer the Big Boss came and scooped him up into his big
arms.  Scooter smiled and said, "Yeeeeah, that kind of warm!"  The Big
Boss assured him he would feel it again when Hook, his old clan, and his
parents reunite with him one day.

I left Scooter with the rescues because he wanted them to show him the
place as a group rather than just me.  Later on, I curled up into my
hidey and took a nap.  When I woke up, I almost thought the whole thing
was a dream.  So, I ran back to find Scooter just to assure myself it
was all true.  He was teaching the other ferrets how to reach their
hoomins on earth through song.

Sandee