From:
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:25:18 -0500
it's been an up and down week at the shelter.  i'll start with the sad
stuff as usual....

there is a new light in the sky this week, a hooman light that burns
real bright.  his name is Frances and he was a very dear friend of my
mommie's.  he was killed in a car crash on Friday morning and is up here
with me now.

We had a few adoptions this week!  i'm proud to report that Pickle,
Bente, Maya, Cassie and Ranger all went to their new homes this week!
ALL the shelter volunteers will miss them, but i know they are happy to
know they are in good homes.

Elvis has one of his hip surgeries this week.  He's very sore, but
believe it or not, he's the chattiest he's ever been.  He's the only one
of the Paris kids that isn't neutered yet so he's also VERY amorous.  On
a fantastic note, Elvis is now 1960 grams!  Our little skinny-mini went
from 745 grams to this huge 1960 grams!  We're all real proud of his
progress.

Sugar is still not bouncing back so well.  Mommie is still giving her
sub-q fluids and hand feedings, but she is just not coming around.
Please keep her in your thoughts.

i'm so happy that the SPCA is finally taking this case seriously.  It
only took mommie to call the chief inspector to get it going!  i think
mommie intimidated him a wee bit <grin>.  mommie rattled on to him how
the SPCA geared up a nice one-sided case; not even interviewing the
veterinarian who saw the ferrets or any of our volunteers.  she told him
that she was so angered that the only interview was given to "the other
side" and the case was bias and taken only by the other side's testimony.
WELL, since she went on AND on about it, Insp.  Draper took a closer look
and NOW we have something happening!  The SPCA will take the case to the
Crown to see if there is a case to go forth!  YAY!!!!  AND thumbs (or
paws) up for Insp. Draper!!!

mommie, being the hot headed Scottish-tempered person she is, will still
go and chat with a J.P. about this case to make SURE someone hears about
it.  mommie is determined that NO ONE will forget these Paris kids.

The 11 dead kids (skulls and partial bodies) are still at the shelter.
They need names and will one day be privately cremated when the money is
available.  mommie will be their forever home this way.  They too will
not be forgotten by anyone, their deaths will not be in vane.

My total love to you all!
Harley "Bug"

The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>