From:
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 23:47:46 -0500
Wow, such sadness at the shelter with all the new kids.  BUT i have some
happy stuff to share in my update on them.

Many of the dehydrated and starving kids are doing much better in only
a few hours.  Mommie has already inflicted them with her own type of
intolerable cruelty *KISSES*.  Many of the little ones who were biting
and fearful this afternoon have accepted mommie's lovings and welcomed
it.  no one has ever touched them in a loving way before.

Even the two boys who were forced to eat their own cage-mates have turned
around and totally enjoyed mommie's kisses (YUCK!) and our one skinny
male sable allowed mommie to cuddle him for quite some time.  One little
blind girl with a bad leg walked for the first time in her life through
the shelter tonight.  it brought tears to everyone.

i want to personally thank (from way up here in heaven) auntie Paige,
Auntie Tina and uncle Andrew for enduring the painful sights they had to
endure today.  I want to thank auntie Lynn for taking the shelter ferrets
to auntie Paige's, uncle Nigel and auntie Bonnie for their hard work at
the shelter today and for taking my mommie out for a couple of vodkas
tonight.  I need to thank auntie Olympia for the use of her video camera
to capture the horror everyone saw and for coming to the shelter
"non-contaminated" to help move the original shelter ferrets to foster
homes.  To auntie Jen for updating our web site And to auntie Jennifer
who gave my mommie a hug and let her cry about what she saw today, you'll
never know how much my mommie loves you.

i also need to thank the handful of you ferret lovers out there who have
donated your money to help.  the kids will all be seen by the shelters
vet tomorrow.  With thanks to you, the shelter can afford to have the 1st
set of vaccines done for these mis-treated bunch.

mommie's little taste of hell will be burned in the memory of a few
people for a lifetime.  BUT, with the loving help of our wonderful
volunteers and supporters across the border, 29 ferrets will live a
lifetime of happiness and love.  Thank you all for allowing this to
happen and for giving hope to some very hopeless ferrets.

My love and thank to you all, Harley "Bug"

Randy Melanie Belair
President
The Ferret Aid Society "For the Love of our Fuzzy Friends"
<http://www.ferretaid.org/>