From:
Jennifer H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 18:56:50 -0800
Little late in posting about our day with Kim, but better late than never!!
This past Friday, my daughter and I spent the day at KiSta with the group
of fuzzies she has from the NJ Xmas Ferret rescue.

Let me start out by saying, I have no clue how Kim has been doing this (or
Anne for that matter).  When I visit KiSta, I always clean cages for Kim
and I can usually blow through all the cages within an hour or so (we dump
and use the shop vac, works great!!).  But, three hours later and I had 3
cages done!!  The phone kept ringing, the UPS guy delivered 11 or 12 pkgs,
the mailman was there a few times, nuts, I say, just nuts!!

On to the ferrets.... I must say that these ferrets are quite incredible
especially considering what they have been through.  I know there has been
mention of some of the ferrets that came out of that hell being vicious or
mean.  But, what I encountered were animals that were scared and a bit
hesitant with humans, but not vicious.  A couple of the guys would bite if
you stuck your hand right in the cage, but were fine if you let them wander
out on their own.  I picked up, handled and cuddled everyone of these
ferrets and I did not have a single bite (well, the old man, Chick Magnet
did try to drag me away, but that's another story).  I handled all these
ferrets and fell in love with all of them!  I must say my personal favorite
was the pregnant momma, and I think my daughter will second that!  She was
big and preggie, but loved being held and tried her best to climb around
and play, funny sight to see a ferret trying to climbed over something with
this huge belly sticking out on each side!!!  Next was Waddle, a big, quiet
beautiful boy with eyes just begging for love and compassion.  Then there
was Johnny Rotten, who seemed terrified until he met my daughter's feet, he
followed her around and danced and dooked with her for at least 10 minutes
straight!  All of these ferrets have something special about them, some you
just want to cuddle because you can see the fear and sadness in their eyes.
Others you see the first understanding of what it means to be a ferret to
run and play, chase jingly balls and get your belly rubbed.  Others seem so
grateful to have someone to hold them.  I saw a lot of sadness and fear,
but no vicious or mean ferrets.  All the babies there will make incredible
additions to homes once spayed/neutered and even though they are dirty
and/or discolored, you can tell what beauty lies beneath.

If you are in the immediate area of NJ, PA, DE or MD and are willing to
drive to meet these guys and give someone a new lease on life, please fill
out the adoption application at the website www.kistaferret.com.  The most
difficult part is trying to decide which one....

Happy new year to everyone!

Jen and Gang