From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 20:37:01 EST
Dr. Stephon let us know that the first group of randomly selected ferrets
we sent in samples for ADV tests on all came back with a resounding
NEGATIVE!  You have no idea what a relief that was!!!  We have another 20
sent, and are waiting on results.  The supply company sent the wrong
tubes to Dr. Kim's office, so we still need to send out the last group on
Wednesday.

We have two boys who are having a hard time post op.  One will only eat
if I give him mush, the other won't take anything unless I force feed.
The girls are all bouncing back yes some of the ones in the first group
of spays a week ago are beginning to bounce!

It's amazing how some of them are so hand shy and bite at the hands, while
others just absolutely crave being held and loved.

New Years Eve found Ela and her friend Paul visiting to help out.  Ela took
care of the regular shelter ferrets, scooping poop and clipping nails and
Paul helped out immensely by playing "Risk" with Mark.  Today, Ann Barzda
and her husband came over, Ann helped clean cages and Calvin played Risk
with Mark.

We're doing pretty good on supplies, but now need to add A/D food, and lamb
or chicken baby food to our list.  Between the two boys I mentioned earlier
and several other eating mush due to dental work, we're going through it
pretty quick.

Thanks to Ela for the cookies and candles and to Ann for another polar
fleece sack, all are in high demand around here these days!

My husband hasn't threatened divorce yet, even though we've far exceded
the maximum occupancy allowed ;-)

Have a Happy New Year.  Make that resolution to give your fuzzies an extra
hug every day this year.

Anne