From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 19:28:16 PACIFIC
So much as happened, where do I start?  Well, first let me openly Thank
each one of you, FML'ers & FAIML'ers, & Friends, for your Wonderful
Prayers, Good Thoughts for Scarlett and Condolences on Sam's unexpected
death.  I apologized to those I haven't responded back to personally, I've
been somewhat "Out in Left Field".  {Ok, I've spent most of my 40+ years in
Left Field.  :-) }.

Sam's (MF 1 1/2 yrs.) cause of death will remain unknown.  My lack of
knowing what to do and not thinking clearly.  He was eating, drinking &
pooping fine, but didn't want to play much, we were having several really
hot days.  After allowing Spanky, Claudia & Scarlett to say their good-byes,
I buried Sam and placed a couple of Plumeria Plants to mark his grave.  I
have since learned from my Vet.  Dr. Bruce Lindsey proper procedures to
follow this situation.  "Sam" may have been a simple name for a ferret, but
the letters PHD were attached at the end.  The stories, I will someday
share with all of you.  He is missed by all of us terribly.

Three days after Sam's passing, I saw a couple of green slime poop in the
litterbox, next morning I heard what had to be the "runs" and saw Scarlett
(MF 5 1/2 yrs) in the litterbox.  Call the Dr. Lindsey and took her in.
After several days of fluids, hand feeding Duck Soup & antibiotics, she had
lost 1/4 lb.  Exploratory surgery, showed everything looked great inside,
except her right Lympnode was slightly enlarged and she had a tiny spot on
her kidney.  Not warranted removal.  (Adrenals were beautiful and no sign
of Insulinoma.)  Blood test results showed Elevated Liver Enzymes & her
phosphorus high.  Nothing conclusive one way or another.  After 1 1/2
weeks, she has started eating normally and cruzen the house and her poop
has returned to brownish color & is starting to take SOME form.  Stitches
come out Friday and her hair is already growing back.  So far Claudia (MF 6
1/2 yrs. w/insulinoma) & Spanky (Las Vegas, 1 1/2 yrs.) are just fine.

The "California 7" have been successfully SMUGGLED out of CACALAND to a
FERRET Loving State and Home.  Thanks to three crafty Ferret Individuals.
The "X-Cailfornia 7" are now waiting for the next Ferret Shuttle to take
them to rejoin their loving Mom & daughter.  Please think good thoughts &
prayers that all arrangements fall easily into place ASAP to get this
wonderful family back together.

I was lucky to foster "Oliver" (The Best Lap Ferret in the world) & "Baby"
(A very Fun Loving, Playful little girl, with a star between her eyes) for
the last 2 months.  (By the way I had them checked out by Dr. Lindsey and
they are also in good health.) These 7 are about the sweetest bunch of
Carpet Killers around.  All are missed by their foster parents.  We wait to
hear of the happily reunion with their 2 loving Pets, Rita & Samantha, on
the East Coast.

Thank You All for being there and being what you all are, Loving Ferret
People.  You are in a Class above the rest.

Thanks,
Stephanie & My Little Band of Closet Thieves:
Spanky, Claudia & Scarlett O'Ferret

Still missing Sam