From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 20:20:09 EDT
A very sweet little boy left us today.  He had his hardships in life, but I
saw to it that the past was no more than a distant memory.  I like to think
he forgot where he came from altogether.

As a "baldy" he had the chance to learn how beneficial it was to have
brothers and sisters who were furry.  He had always been alone, but eagerly
accepted his new siblings, especially the fluffy ones.  He knew just which
ones would make the perfect blanket.

As sick as he was, we could always depend on him to show us random fits of
happiness with as much vigor as any of the younger or healthy ones.  He
could enjoy a ride on his cat siblings just as much as his brothers and
sisters.  The best description of this little soul is perpetually jolly.
A bit on the anal retentive side, he and he alone knew *just* where the
proper place for each and every toy was.

I have only known this special boy for 5 short months, but the pain of
losing him is just as strong as if it had been one of our kids that had
been with us for years.

Some people say that it is stupid to take on and get attached to a sick
critter that you know will die.  It is just too upsetting.  Some say it
isn't worth it to get a *pet* because the hurt caused when they leave is
too great.  I say I am so glad I had the honor of meeting this precious
little one.  The pain will eventually subside, but in 5 short months, I
have a life time of good memories.  Would I do it again, even feeling as I
do now?  Yes.

He is now playing with all the ferrets that have passed on before him.  He
can finally get to meet his brothers and sisters, Saber, Micho, Ozzie and
of course our little shooting star, Oliver that left us too soon.

I have asked him to check in with a certain little Loki ferret who was
taken long before his time.  I know Loki's Mom is worried about whether or
not her little boy is making new friends.  Don't worry "Loki's Mom": my
responsable little girl was not ready to leave yet, so my boy decided he
would go in her place to look after your little one.

There is a new star out tonight, and it is called Templeton.

[GA]