From:
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 00:24:29 -0800
>From:    Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: A Larger Calculation Base
>To my 'math wiz' fert pal ;o)

Me???

Well to be fair we can't include the ferret not owned by FML subscribers.

They don't report either illnesses or healthiness.  What we hope we find is
that the ratio of ill and well ferrets of folks on the list is the same as
the ill and well ratio off the list.  And that's more like millions than
thousands.  <grin>

The FML subscibership is probably large enough to be a usable sample set.
I'd suspect its pretty good as a cross section.  Perhaps biased toward
better health by the search for knowledge evidenced by the effort to
subscribe but likewise biased away by the group of subscribers that got on
the list after and specifically because they had an ill ferret.

>From:    Jeannette Palagonia <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: The Mysterious "M"

The Hagen ranches/operation has been known to use an "H" that often looks
like an "X" or "M" but as we've never seen these tattoos this is a report
indirectly.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/