From:
TwoSpooky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 17:59:23 -0600
Well, it's official.  Squeaker has diabetes.  Apparently, the combination of
shut down her pancreas.  She is drinking and peeing up a storm, and she is
spilling both sugar and ketones in her urine.  A better glucose was taken
this afternoon, an hour after she ate, and has confirmed -- her glucose was
453!!!

Insulin is the only alternative now, and the vet tells us that her glucose
will be very hard to regulate.  We'll have to give injections twice a day
and take her in every week for blood tests.

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone else who has dealt with this.
Diabetes is very rare in ferts, I know, but I figure this is the place to
find anyone else who may've had this problem.

-Tasha
Please visit my fanfiction site at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/5368/...

The development of our cerebral cortex has been the greatest achievement of
the evolutionary processes.  Big deal.
                                        -- Fox Mulder, FBI

Verbum sapienti:
quo plus habent,