From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Mar 1997 23:12:11 -0800
I just wanted to tell you all that Tia passed away peacefully in his sleep
this morning, without even a peep.  It must have been an extraordinarily
peaceful passing.

Tia was the elderly albino male that was dumped on our doorstep in the
middle of the night, suffering from lymphosarcoma.  We put him through
chemotherapy treatments, thanks to the very kind donations of many many
local people, and several from across the US as well.  Although we didn't
cure the cancer, we did slow it's growth and he had several happy months
with us.  Over the last little while he had been dropping weight and getting
lethargic, and we decided we would euthanize him to end his suffering.  He
was developing a new tumour and had gone blind, as well as almost totally
bald.  We were going to have him put down last week, but he was still very
spirited and alert, so we decided to give him a little bit longer.  I guess
he was trying to tell us that he wanted to do it himself, because only
yesterday he was taking nutrical off my hand and throwing his empty food
dish around the cage.

Anyway, we did what we could to make Tia's last months as painless as
possible, and I think he knows he died in caring hands.  We just wanted to
let everyone who sent us letters and donations about Tia that he's gone to
the Rainbow Bridge, and he left us to say thanks for him.  So thanks for
your generosity and kindness, all :-)

Sheena - [log in to unmask]  | "To Err is Ferret ... To Forgive|
VP - Greater Vancouver      | "... Well, That's Our Job"      |
     Ferret Association      (Wherret Web Pages Coming Soon!)
  We're on the Web! http://www2.portal.ca/~cmc/ferrets/fagv/