From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 08:33:58 -0800
>His problem is he cannot seem to control his head movements.... His head
>wavers all over the place, like it is too heavy for him.  He cannot walk in
>a straight line, due to his head rolling around.  It seems to go to the left
>most of the time, but not always.

Sounds like puppies when they get distemper, although I don't know if ferret
exhibit nervous symptoms with CDV like some dogs do.

We had a club member with a 2 year old ferret who had a similar problem,
though.  She had suffered a stroke and her head was totally out of control.
Made her really frustrated when she was eating, but otherwise she was just
fine.  It was entertaining to watch her wrestle with other ferrets, because
they seemed to think she was trying to fake them out with her strange head
movements and would get really annoyed and bounce around her hissing like
fools.

Sheena - [log in to unmask]  | "To Err is Ferret ... To Forgive|
VP - Greater Vancouver      | "... Well, That's Our Job"      |
     Ferret Association      (Wherret Web Pages Coming Soon!)
  We're on the Web! http://www2.portal.ca/~cmc/ferrets/fagv/