Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 04:15:14 -0400
I've been reading this discussion over the Verizon commercial for many
days now and I have to agree that this idea has to be one of the best
I've heard yet.  Verizon isn't going to get rid of the commercial because
a very small handful of Americans are displeased about it.  No way!
But.... if they feel there's a potential to gain something new out of
it... they'll give it a second thought and I think this idea of getting
them to help legalize ferrets in Ca.  is just wonderful!  I'm not sure I
understand everything that goes on to make this happen, but hey..  it's
certainly better than grumbling about it, writing nasty letters and
hoping someone listens.  I don't know about any of you but I respond a
WHOLE LOT nicer when someone approaches me about something I've done in a
positive manner as opposed to biting my head off about it.  (of course
this isn't saying I'm never guilty of being the griper.... cause I am!
lol!)

I do agree that both sides of this story make really good points so I was
more inclined to sit on the fence until now.  I was actually thinking of
another idea that would be kind of neat in addition to the legalization
issue... Why not see if they would be willing to create another
commercial starring ferrets but this time do it in a way that makes them
look the cute, funny and adorable little creatures we all know them to
be?  Heck... give the ferret the phone!  I dunno... At least this way,
it's showing the public yet another side of ferrets.  I think it's
fair.... it's not like they don't ever bite.... but then not all of them
do bite.  Anyway, that's my two cents for whatever they're worth.  :)

Take care!
Bonny
Art, poetry, shopping, news & entertainment!
www.mindgardens.com
NEW! Go shopping with CMF, proceeds go to Ferret Shelters!
www.geocities.com/clubmedferrets