From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 08:49:05 -0700
It's always a horrible feeling when you can't locate one of your ferrets.
That happened to my husband and me last night after we spent the day
thoroughly cleaning the house.  Part of the cleaning process involved
removing the chest of drawers from our bedroom so we could do some repairs
on it.  That meant that our little ones lost one of their primary sleeping
spots.  In the evening, we did one of our routine nose counts.  Delta and
Ginger had taken refuge in the top level of their cage (which is always
open so they are free to go in or out).  But Pepper, we couldn't find
anywhere!  We searched the house high and low.  I even went so far as to
look in the linen closet, which was sitting cracked open, and to pull out
all of the sheets and towels in the lower shelves.  Just as I was giving
up on that idea, I happened to look up.  I saw the cutest little teddy
bear face peering down at me from the top shelf of the closet.  Pepper
was sooo cozy up there nestled among the freshly washed sheets, and she
couldn't see what all the fuss was about.  We, of course, had to run and
get our camera!

Dooks to all,
Julie