From:
April Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:09:53 -0500
Hi.

1.  I work at the Worcester Cat Hospital and Bird Clinic now (we see
ferrets there, too-I finally have a day job I'm happy with, despite the
crappy pay!) and saw a flyer for these 2 cute boys who need a new home
together.  They seemed to be sables from the pics on the photocopy, but
it _was_ a photocopy...

Their names are Erving and Emmett and they are about 2 years old.
They are current with vaccinations (had bad reactions to most recent
ones-FERVAC-D) and in good health.  I spoke with their owner, who also
works at a (different) vet's office.  Stacy is trying to find them a good
home TOGETHER (they are very attached to each other and have been together
since birth) b/c they only currently get out about an hour a day and she
feels they need more time to play, especially since they love people and
playtime so much.  She is very concerned that they go to a good,
responsible home that will have lots of time for them and not just any
random person posting on a bulletin board, in the paper, etc.  She has, I
guess, only advertised thru vet's offices so far.

For a $50 donation, they will also come with their nice cage and about
$300 worth of toys and accessories.  They are well-loved and cared for and
not in desperate need of a home, but they need more people and free time.
If you'd like to adopt these boys, please contact me at 508-721-1259 or
email me and leave a detailed message about your situation and vitals if
I am not home.  I will speak with Stacy and give her your info for her to
contact you.  It really is important to her that they find a wonderful
home.

"They are very loving and play well with people and cats."  They also
apparently get along with dogs and think chickens are cool, though the
chickens aren't so sure about them!

They are in the Worcester, MA area and I could help with transport via MA,
RI, CT, NH.

2. Also, on a different note, I saw in a very recent FML (not yet in the
archives) that Dick Bossart has revised the Ferret Owner's Manual?  My
version is from Sept 2000 and I'd like to get the most recent one (I'm
hoping it mentions the new Merial vax as well as FERVAC D as approved vax
for canine distemper for ferts) to have my bosses look over and perhaps
start distributing to our ferret-owning clients.  The most recent version
I can find on the net or thru the usual sites (Ferret Central, etc) is
from Feb 99, and as mine is more recent, I'll use that if no 2001 version
is available, but I'd like to be as current as possible... Does anyone
have that link available?

Thanks!

Dooks!

-April