From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 17:28:28 -0500
Most of you already know Steve and me; we've been here already when any of
you have joined.  For the new folks: Steve and I have had ferrets for long
enough that I'm not exactly sure how long it's been -- something in the
general range of 15 years, and we've been around since before there was even
a rec.pet.alt, let alone rec.pets.alt.ferrets, and then the FML.  Over the
years we've had a pile of ferrets, met up with a number of medical problems,
have seen medical care for our critters go from virtually non-existent to
there now being a number of approaches to things if folks just bother to
learn about them, had some abuse victims and/or handicapped guys find their
ways here, had some projects going which have occasionally helped a few
ferrets, answered a few questions when we know the answer, asked questions
when we don't, etc.  We are middle-aged old farts in north central N.J. who
love ferrets partly because no matter how long you have them you are still
always far from seeing it all...

Sukie