Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 19:08:10 -0500
I have always been told to keep the ferrets living conditions below 82
degrees and usually cooler, so I don't know what the heat will do.......
the reason I am asking is, I was asked to take in a young ferret whos new
owner didn't have air-conditioning (central Texas=100+) and whos ferret was
seizing and had stopped breathing!?  Having never had hot fuzzies I wanted
to know if this could happen OR do I need to watch and check for other
ailments such as insulonoma?  So far I have only had Roscoe a day and he
seems to love it here (I know, I know, don't get attached, he is just
visiting) but do I understand them right?  is that kind of reaction normal
from overheating?  Or do I now have bigger things to worry about?  I am
integrating him to better food, and bottled water, and have given him the
big cage to get him used to being here, I don't want to throw him in with
my six for at least a couple of weeks (and a vet visit later) I think that
if they move or get air-conditioning they will want him back, he is a
beautiful boy : ) but the way they had a step son drop him off with no food
or cage or info I would just as soon spend a little money and make sure,
either way it needs to be done.  So, what does over heating do?

Susan and the six in TX + Roscoe (don't get attached, HA!)