From:
"D.L. Carswell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 10:43:36 PDT
Hi, all.

Because of a scare I had with my dog last night, I found out that my
regular vet isn't available after office hours...there isn't even an
answering machine on his phone.  And all the other vets in my area won't
even talk to someone who isn't a regular client after hours.  I just wanted
to let everyone know that for -all- your animals, it's a good idea to know
whether or not your vet is available for emergency care, and if not, you
need to find a vet or emergency clinic who -will- be available and will see
your pet if you aren't a regular client.  Lucky for me, my dog's condition
didn't warrant immediate attention, but if it had, I would have had to
spend valuable time trying to find someone to see him.  So please,
everyone, be sure you know who you can take your pet to in an emergency!

Which brings me to a question...can anyone here recommend a vet in the
middle GA area who will see ferrets in an emergency situation, even if the
owner is not a regular client?  My regular vet is good with ferrets, has
reasonable rates, and I've always been satisfied with his work.  However,
since he's not available after hours, I'm worried about what I would do if
I had an emergency with my furkids.  Does anyone have any recommendations?
Thanks.

Dooks,
Lisa
Mom of Zorro, Claudia, and Loki