From:
"D.L. Carswell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 12:28:54 PDT
You know how the places a ferret can't get to are the places he/she most
wants to go to?  I saw an example of that phenomenon this morning when my
ferrets were playing out of the cage.  In their play area, there's a
clothes hamper wedged in a corner, and although Zorro, Claudia, and Loki
have all tried at different times to move it so they could check out what
was back there, they've never been able to do so.  Of course, that was
because they hadn't yet discovered the key to do it.  Today, they finally
figured out that if they all worked together, they could budge the hamper
away from the wall just enough for them to get their heads behind it, and
then their bodies could follow.  Of course, all that was behind the hamper
was a bunch of dust bunnies, but you would think they'd found the national
treasure!  Once they got that hamper out of the way, they went behind it
and wardanced in the dust bunnies, dooking up a storm!  If they could have
high-fived each other in congratulations, I'm sure they would have.  :) And
then silly Loki had to try to carry off a dust bunny to one of their
hidey-holes.  I've related the story to non-ferret people, and they've just
given me a strange look, but I knew all you fuzzy lovers would get a kick
out of trying to envision it.

Dooks,
Lisa
Mom of Zorro, Claudia, and Loki