From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:42:10 -0700
there are no border check stops.

By the way, hope you're not counting on the amnesty bill to pass this year
in CA.  I checked out what was discussed by the committee they created to
study AB854 and their comments were all negative.  In fact, they seem to be
including ferrets in the same category with the Africanized Bee, noxious
weeds, and Red Imported Fire Ants as being a non-native species that pose a
threat to the environment and the economy.  And my tax dollars pay these
people!  Why don't they take their heads out of the sand (or wherever) and
admit that ferrets are in the state, have been in the state for a long
time, and have caused no damage to the environment and certainly not to the
economy (tax dollars are being generated through the sale of ferret
supplies that are abundantly stocked on the shelves of major pet stores).
I guess people are buying these supplies for their hamsters.

Before I get myself worked up into a frenzy again, I'm going to go spend
some time with my "hamster."

Buffy's Mom