From:
Marion Houle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 17:24:25 -0400
Note:  this is tongue in cheek!

I have one ferret that is soooo bad, it is also soooooo cute ....

Mercedes is a shelter ferret, she is the smallest little girl fuzzy I have
ever seen and the most adept and agile and climbing any where and every
where.  I have had over 150 fuzzies in my place over the last 5 years and
she is the only one who has managed to accomplish this!  After almost
having a heart attack, I laughed my butt off!

I am an avid reader and have numerous book shelves in my place.  One of
the bookshelves does not have a backing to it, and this is the one that
Mercedes has decided is "hers" to climb.  She can make it to the top in
about 4 seconds flat!  And guess what's on the top of my bookshelf?  ....
plants ... the only real safe place in the house I can keep them.  And what
does Mercedes do?  Other than the natural diggiing of course, which I fully
expect .... Oh no, that's not enough for Mercedes (she thinks it's amusing
for me to vaccuum the dirt off all my books when she manages to sneak up
there before I have a chance to catch her.  Are you ready for the "big bad
ferret act?"  She waits until another ferret is under her, on the floor,
looking up (I have watched her do this only once ...!) and then she pushes
the plant off the shelf and tries to "whack" the poor unsuspecting victim
who is gazing up at her in awe!  She missed by about 6 inches!  Her poor
little sister, Spitfire, took off like a bat at out of hell!  She hasn't
gone back to that spot since!

After I let them play in the dirt, Mercedes then gets to watch me vaccuum
it all up ... she gets so upset with me when she loses her toy!!!

Hope everyone is doing well, and all the fuzzies are having fun!

Marion and her crazy zoo!