From:
Marion Houle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 21:10:20 -0400
Hello ANON!

I have the best and cheapest solution in the world and my fuzzy babysitter
thought of it.  One night I had one of my shelter ferrets in the couch for
over 30 minutes and I was losing patience!  So my friend came over to help
me get her out and came up with this brilliant idea!

Get some really strong material (denim or curtain material) and a couple of
rolls of duct tape.  Take the cushions off the couch and put the material
from the top of the back of the couch to the edge of the seat.  Tuck it all
in nice and neat, and then duct tape away.  It's best to use one strip of
duct tape i.e. from left to right of the top of the couch, the bottom, the
sides, etc.  Also, you can put a strip from one corner to the next to deter
the fuzzies from digging into the material.  I have had this method of
ferret proofing my couch for about 5-6 months now and have had absolutely
no lost fuzzies in there!

Good luck,

Marion