From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 09:07:17 -0500
One post done by Mr. William Killian "National Groups and Registary" , FML
Issue Number 1374 - well heck it almost stopped my heart.

As you know Ferret Friends Disaster Response International -  we respond to
Disasters.

Can you imagine how great I felt when I read that  Mr. Killian had and is
still doing a registary of Ferrets and currently has some 4,000 in his data
base.

First we don't want to take Mr. Killian's database we just want to know if
Mr. Killian is willing to help us during times of Disaster.

What we need: (of course we will need Mr.  Killian's phone number).  Many
times (such as on Tuesday November 7th - when the Tornado hit Gainesville,
FL) we man the phone lines and begin calling Vets, Clubs, and Ferret Owners,
to inquire if they have been effected.  We can only call the phone numbers
we have.  With Mr.  Killian's database - we could notify him of the effected
area and he and his group could begin making phonecalls to check on
everyones safety.  If there is a problem he could notify us of the when and
where and what is needed and we could respond.

I am so excited and hope to hear from Mr. Killian soon.   This database of
his could be of real benefit.

Chere McCoy
Founder/Director Ferret Friends Disaster Response International