From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 07:37:38 -0400
Hurricane Opal as of 6am EDT Wednesday 10/6/95:  27.0N 88.7W  Winds are
sustained at 135 MPH (this is a category 4 Hurricane).  It is currently 150
miles SSE of the mouth of the Miss. River.

THIS IS A DEADLY STORM - SHELTERS AND FERRET OWNERS IN THE COASTAL ARE OF
THE FLORIDA PANHANDLE, ALABAMA, AND LOUISANA SHOULD KEEP THEIR RADIOS AND
TELEVISIONS TUNED TO THE WEATHER CHANNEL.  THOSE IN THE FLORIDA PANHANDLE,
AND THE COAST OF ALABAMA SHOULD BE PREPARED TO EVACUATE!

I ask all who are currently reading the FML to check your ferret supplies
and see if you have one or two items that you can spare for the victims of
this Hurricane.  I repeat this is a Category 4 Hurricane.  Those willing
should begin to collect items for the animals so that we can get relief to
the victims as soon as possible

Shelters in the above areas will be monitored.

We have been fortunate this season and only lost one ferret shelter due to
Hurricane Erin.

Unfortunately Opal is far far worse than Erin and we have several shelters
in Opals path The hurricane conditions will be felt from the mouth of the
Missippi River to Anceote Florida.

FFDRI Southeastern United States, Northeastern United States and
Southwestern United States Coordinators have been notified

IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW IS IN THE PATH OF HURRICANE OPAL PLEASE HAVE THEM
CALL IMMEDIATELY CHERE MCCOY AT

                                      407-567-0994

LET US KNOW WHO YOU ARE, WHERE YOU ARE, HOW MANY ANIMALS YOU HAVE AND WHERE
YOU ARE EVACUATING TO.

Our prayers are will all of those in the path of this storm.

Chere McCoy
Director Ferret Friends Disaster Response International