From:
"Tara C. Radford" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 14:30:07 -0800
I probably once again will not be the most popular page in this book but
i have one simple question.."What Happened??"

We have had this WONDERFUL tree for 3 years now... Every year we get down
to the wire with a few..but this year is VERY upsetting..

I'm wondering if we have lost some of the old members & have added alot
who do not understand "The Giving Tree",perhaps???

The kids on the Tree are unwanted ferrets that our BLESSED Shelters have
taken in,to Love and care for...these kids have a BIG chance of not
making it to next Christmas.:(..the idea is for everyone to just "pick
one ferret" and make a nice Christmas this year for just that ferret...

No biggie...these WONDERFUL Shelters are barely asking for anything...tho
they all need SOOOO much!

I do not want this to sound like a me,me,me post,please..it's not.  I
watch the Tree everyday (both Trees,the ADV & Kristines) and i do not see
much happening..what's up???

I have taken (as of this moment,i'm sure there will be more) 5 ferrets &
5 Shelters..

oh yeah...and a Shelter who has 4 lil ole' ladies left out of 7:(..poor
Mary just lost another:( The Shelters i have taken don't even know i have
them,yet.."cept Sweet Mary..i LOVE lil ole' ladies ALMOST as much as i
did her Precious Geezer who was my first Giving Tree Ferret <RIP,our boy>

I'm not rich...FAR from it..but this Tree breaks my Heart..  Send
anything..i would say a nice hammie or sleepsack (they are ALL OVER
E/Bay) maybe a bottle of Ferretone,and for the ONLY time i allow it,
sugary treats..remember these kids are mostly on Deaths door..throw
aways..JEEZE!

BJ and myself (you may know her for her Great generosity & her Ferret
Store "Saucers") have discussed this a few times..and just knowing how
many she has taken,added to a few other people i know then add it to
the ones i'm taking..i'm just wondering where all the kind souls of
yesteryear have gone..I also know one lil New York Shelter who,herself
has adopted 6..!!!

It makes you feel so good to do this..my Gawd,i'm 50..what do i need??
Nothing,period..i have what i need, if i don't have it i don't need
it...i gave up "wanting" years ago..

Our Christmas ,frankly..goes mainly to these poor little souls...and we
Love it.The first year my husband squacked a few times but this year is
helping me shop tho i do order mainly from BJ,E/Bay & Revivalanimal.com .
i found a cheaper website (50% off) to get the type things Revival sells
but everything is in limited quantities but if anyone wants it mail me.

BJ mailed me today & told me not to worry,in her stupid (I ADORE HER)
carefree way & said,"Hey don't worry..you know we will take all the ones
no one takes,in fact i'm headed to my machine"

She's right,we did it once before...i sent some money (the easy part),
she sewed up her Magic & everyone had Great beds!

I KNOW LOTS of you are doing what we are..but with over 3,000.00 FML
members i just think this could be split up a bit more evenly..  I
Promise,the Joy you will receive from being Santa to just one Ferret,
is amazing..  So PLEASE, take a look...

Alot of work went into this..Kristine has been burning the Midnight Oil
every night updating..

I do have one Great idea for Fuzztek (Yvonnes HUGE ADV Shelter) Just
send one present for everyone...with 70 adv Positives i KNOW she needs,
everything..i can't even imagine!  What i mean is..one person could
send a bed,another the same,another could send a couple bottles of
Ferratone,another toys,another a Gift Certificate from The Ferret
Store,another meds,vaccines..  I'm just sending a box with assorted
things..when i say they need everything, it means just that..:(

The bottom line is,these Shelters have the HARD part...they must care for
these poor lil souls day in & day out...they must medicate & never sleep.
they must watch them die..They are the True Angels..

TroyLynn has a HUGE number of needy ferrets but didn't even put herself
on the list this year...as much GOOD as she does year after year,Please
do NOT forget her & her Group..i know i haven't..It's OUR turn to "Give
back"

PLEASE step out of yourself for just one moment & Remember the True
Spirit of Christmas??..and all those sad lil faces needing homes..i
really do think a new soft bed or an extra package of Yogies (yuck:)
is in order,don't you??

Off my soapbox...
With Love & Health,
Tara
http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com

PS...We know that the Shelters are busy but Please take a minute & mail
Kristine Or Kris (depending on your tree) if you have ferrets who already
have Santas..Kristine does NOT put the stocking on the ferret until she
has heard from the Shelter,themselves..:)

Join our Ferret Group!! Club Med Ferrets
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clubmedferrets
NEW! Go shopping with CMF, proceeds go to Shelters!
http://www.geocities.com/clubmedferrets