From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jun 2005 01:34:47 -0700
Hi Jennifer and Peggy --

One of my ferrets, Ricco, escaped twice, I'm sorry to say.  Both times
he went to the same place (under some juniper bushes in the back of the
house), and I located him by the sound of the bell on his collar, though
it was ever so faint and intermittent.  Each time he came readily..  The
second time was after a number of hours and a major thunderstorm.

Then there was a nonEscape.  I was frantically looking/listening for
another of mine, Robert, at the end of a kitchen playtime.  I'd put the
other ferts back in their cage, but couldn't find Robert.  I didn't see
how he could possibly have left the house, but he was no where to be
found inside it.  At abt 3am, I decided that if I let the others out of
their cage they might find him.  Well, I found him asleep at the bottom
of the ferret pile as I was pulling the others out of a sound sleep to
begin the hunt.

At that part of his adolescence, Robert was Mr Mellow -- he hadn't wanted
to get out of his hammock for the preceding playtime, so I had decided to
give him a few more minutes to wake up.  Then I'd forgotten that I hadn't
already let him out.

If you want more info, feel free to get in touch. Since i am in a
"ferret-free zone" where they are illegal, pls don't use my name if you
use these stories. Thanks.

[RiccoRobertAdaTinaArtie]