From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:32:10 -0400
I though for sure this would have made it to the FML by now but here
goes...

on 8/16/05 I was casually watching/listening to Anderson Cooper on CNN
as I did my chores.  They were speaking about bear attacks and he was
speaking to Jeff Corwin about it.  At the end of the segment, Cooper,
trying to put it in perspective, stated that while 2 people per year
are killed by grizzlies, moose kill 6 people per year, dogs kill 18 per
year...etc.  At the very end of his list he says that "pet ferrets" are
responsible for 4 deaths per year!!!!!!

I though I was hearing things but it is actually on the transcript of the
show (go to the Anderson Cooper website and click on "transcripts" and
go to the one for 8/16/05.  There about 2/3 of the way down, right after
Corwin's last dialogue you will find it.

[Website:   http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/acd.html    BIG]

I sent them a polite e-mail asking them to explain where they got their
statistics and make a retraction, if necessary.  At 1st I was pissed but
now I am joking about those poor unfortunate 4 (per year, no less!!!)...
that the last think they must have heard was furious dooking!!

I'm sure I don't have to tell everyone to write them (its really easy to
e-mail them from their website) and be polite and humorous, if possible
(like how can a 2lb, cat chow eating, litterbox using, dryer tube running
furr ball can wreak so much havoc and devastation!!??).  I received a
"canned response" to my e-mail claiming that they read each e- mail but
cannot respond to all of them.  We can only see what happens...

(LP in CA)