From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 00:00:23 -0400
Two days ago I posted that S.O.S. wanted to help raise money for legal
fees to keep the Utah ferrets from being put down.  Regardless of the good
and bad things that have been said about Jen since then, it was and is
important to help these ferrets.  They are no longer in danger of being
put down, but they still need help immediately if they are to receive the
care they need.

Now several shelters are working together to take the ferrets to other
shelters around the country.  All the details of this have not been worked
out, and at least one shelter will post tonight about specific needs.
Transportation, cages, supplies, food and vet care will all probably be
high priorities (and very expensive).

Support Our Shelters would still like to make the offer to accept
donations to help these ferrets and pass the donations on to the shelters
in proportion to their needs.  I think it is likely that some needs will
be so urgent there won't be any time to funnel funds through S.O.S.  We
encourage you to help the shelters directly for these emergency items.
The only advantages to going through S.O.S. are that we are a 501(c)3
(though I think at least one of the shelters is also a registered
non-profit) and we can distribute funds where they are most needed,
depending on who has more ferrets or which ferrets need the most care.

Check the FML for ways to donate directly to the shelters that are taking
the ferrets.  To donate through us, make out a check to Support Our
Shelters, let me know what the donation is for, and send it to:

Judith White
1236 Belfield Avenue
Drexel Hill, PA 19026-4211