From:
Kim Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 05:00:57 -0800
>And then, Kim, I remembered the post from Kim Wolf asking for help for
>Siggy the shelter ferret's surgery, and it hit me.  I CAN open my heart
>to "just one more" and still use my head -- I will send my donation for
>Ziggy's surgery first thing in the morning.  Thank you for inspiring me
>to do this, and thank you for the beautiful poem.
>
>Posted anonymously to protect the innocent in California

Thank you, Anonymous, and may the Brightest Blessings come to you.  I was
up last night, till nearly midnight, I was sewing hammocks for those who
are donating, and opening their hearts to Siggy.  I made five, and one
travel carrier pad.They are so cushy!  one is a little odd looking, the
fleece stretched and it is a bit trapezoidal, so I will just let my own
ferrets "demonstrate" it for a photograph, and hang it in their cage.I
really did hate asking for help with Siggy.I've always been a "do it
yourself" kind of girl, very independant.I built my own shelves to put
ferret cages on, I built my chickens their coop, and move most of my own
furniture.My boyfriend hates it.  I thought the first time she came into
season she would be pregnant, I honestly didn't know she was in season,
wasn't even looking, because she was a Marshall.But when I caught her with
my year old hob, well, it was obvious.I'm so glad she didn't have babies, I
was so ashamed.But I thought I would have a lot more time to save up such a
large amou nt of money to have her fixed.Because I am honest, I want to
make sure you all are aware that I have rescued for 4 years, and only JUST
had my first litter entirely on my own.Three albino babies.  I was prepared
financially for them.  I keep all shelter funds IN the shelter ferrets,
they have seperate food bis, shamppos, everything.I keep receipts and am
very careful.Sure, a lot of my own money is spent on them too, adoption
fees don't cover everything.  But I believe in full disclosure, that's why
I have links to my breeder site from my rescue site.  I just wanted to make
sure you all knew before some other person tried to say I hadn't told the
whole story.  I rescued 4 years before breeding.AND I am very responsible
and I will have 1 litter, MAYBE 2 a year,I only have 10 ferrets of my
own.1/3 of them are spayed or neutered.I feel that anyone breeding should
help rescue, but it's only MHO.I had some money put back for Siggy, but not
enough, there is just never enough time.I don't take in sick ferrets to my
shelt er, I have a fellow rescuer who I would refer sick ferrets to, she
refers healthy ones to me and others to take in.  Who knew we would have
this huge expense from a healthy ferret!?  Who knew Marshall's had left
something behind in this one?I know better now, and will be better prepared
should it ever happen again.Thank you for your generosity folks.Siggy is so
worth it!  And remember you are getting a hammock for your donation, and a
certificate.FYI I'm not having anyone send money to me, I'm referring them
to S.O.S.  or my vet if they want to go that route.

Kim

==
Kim Wolf, Mystyx Samoyeds,MFX Ferrets, and Ferret Rescue.Member Critter
Haven East Region.
Visit our Websites:
www.petfinder.org
www.geocities.com/mystyx_samoyedsnferrets