Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:22:35 -0800
Hi Kim:

I don't understand???

>Siggy is a MArshall ferret, who was not properly spayed.(Marshall's
>de-sexes their babies by 6 weeks of age)She has come into heat twice,
>the first time was December, and she was brought out, and now a second
>time she is in season it is only February.I was hoping to have more time
>to save up for her surgery to have the spay corrected.

Did we not have the time to save since December??

>We had 4 adoptions this weekend,totaling $230 and that money is going
>toward vaccinating everyone at a clinic this Wednesday, and replacing
>cracked litterpans.  I also had bought clips and cotton batting already
>from that money, to make hammocks, which is something we do as a
>fundraiser.  I am making Easter and St.Patrick's day hammies right now,
>will have pics soon.  Rabies and Distemper are due, for Siggy, Sterling,
>and Baby, costing $19 each... (without their vaccinations, ferrets are
>illegal in our county) What is left will go toward the surgery.The surgery
>costs $185(exploratory) and anaesthesia is $50.She will have possibly one
>night stay, at $25.  Our vet has agreed to give a 20% discount on all
>their procedures, thankfully, but we will not have enough for Siggy's
>surgery, as Payment is due upon the procedure being done.we had to
>schedule her for emergency surgery, before she gets aplastic anemia.

I don't understand!  you made $230.00 this week-end on adoptions and are
using part of that monies for shots(kool), BUT also used some of the monies
to make hammocks and buy other things just doesn't make any sense to me!!

If you knew in December that she was gaining into heat, I personally would
have started saving monies to have the surgery done before she started into
her next season and not spend the monies on other material things to make
monies.

The first rule of being a shelter is you take care of the sick and needy!!

I've been a shelter for almost 6 yrs and know that we have to take care of
the needy first - before fun raising or anything else!!

Find her a V-Hob and take care of her needs then get the surgery done
please .

Not flaming you - just giving you my opinion

Kris S. Mewton
http://mkaresq.com