From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 17:17:24 -0500
Mine run free in two rooms and 1/3rd of a staircase but I am home most all
the time, an adult (sometimes) and alone without lots of kids.

It is extra effort, I have to balance my loads (they get the washroom too,
areas under and behind w/d are blocked off) to get into the other part of
the house - it is something to get through those bifolding doors which
close in the middle.  How the little rascals know I am intending to head
that way, I don't know but as soon as the thought hits me, you can hear
jinglejinglejingle and they are hell bent to beat me to the door, which in
turn means I have to put my load down, pick them up, put them on my sewing
chair, quick grab my load, get through the doors and get them closed with a
clothes hanger on the handles before they get out of the chair (sometimes I
grab a towel, carry them into the den, wrap them on the couch and tickle
them real hard, and run like mad to get everything through the door before
they realize I haven't stayed to play longer.  And I am bad too, sometimes
I hear them through the door and delibertly open it and act oh so surprised
they are there, which they already have their motors rived up and they come
tearing through, knowing exactly which table to run under and the chase is
on, they aren't trying to get to the open house so much but to see if I can
catch them, they circle me, dodge out, back under, around, and we all get
exausted.  I know I can catch them but prolong it to get to see them try to
get traction on vinyl.  Never have I seen such bring eyes and excitment and
my world is a glow.

But yes, it is more work, I have to be cautions of other doors to the
outside - the door to the garage also fascinates them and they accummulate
against it staring at the knob when they know I am going that away and I
always do a head count and then lift them up on the stairwell to give me
time to get out.  Everything is boxed up, tied up, nailed up, put up, wires
ducttaped to floors and walls, and it is still a fashionable room we all
get to watch tv in.

Lots more effort, but you know, it is worth it.  I can't get aggravated at
em even when in a hurry.  They are such happy little things.  They have
great muscle tone and are much calmer than when they stayed in the cage...
if I wanted something to cage, I'd get more fish, I wouldn't let fish swim
all over the house!!!.  I'll add, they have great cages, all the hammocks
and stuff, two cages stacked on one side of the room with a 20' tunnel
leading to two stacked on the other side, 9 poop stations in the room and
if they find another corner, there will be another station erected.  Some
of the stations are not used anymore but Hey, they said they wanted one
there so..........

It's easier to let them into our world than for us to join them in their
cages.

Millie and the cleaning crew
Easy Off, the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia:  Why'd I get blamed for stealing, don't you think perfect over
there might've done it.
Cascade:  Seen the TV Dr. Pepper commerical, they kiss the camara lens?
that's what she looks like coming at ya, gives you nightmares, I tell ya
Ajax:  yet to come, Ma, they're excited about me going to live with em,
look at all the email they sent me.